Sunday, January 15, 2006

Last words

There have been a few comments asking for my thoughts on Donna Tartt's "The Little Friend". I was a bit disappointed with it to be honest. I honestly can't remember much about "The Secret History", but seem to recall that after a tragic murder at the beginning of the book not much happens over a number of years while people go through some kind of rites of passage until not a lot of outcome at the end. Sort of the same as "The Little Friend". It does have a good last line though

"Say what you want to, I don't care" he said, "But she's a genius."
Pem laughed. "Sure she is," he said, as he headed out the door. "Compared to you"


which isn't bad

Not as good as my all time favourite from George V. Higgins.

"Fuck Nietzche." Beale said. "he's never aroudn when you need him"

Though I point you in the direction of this article finishing sentence from Gaby Wood's Observer article last week

equal-opportunity farting - now that's what I call progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home